Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good-Byes

Well last night we said good-bye to our youth Pastor & his wife & family. We all shared in watching a great slide show of pictures that make up the last 21/2 yrs with them & lots of pizza. It was a great time of fellowship as different people shared memories and thoughts. I'm so glad Jim and I have had the opportunity to be with them over the past several months and to get to know them even better. We are all going to miss them but we truly wish them the very best God has in store for their family.
You know it's so easy to sit now and think of all the things I would have liked to of said last night. I spoke but it's funny nothing I said came out right. I'm so glad that God blessed our lives with this family. The encouragement and love that they have shared with our church is wonderful and they will be missed.
It seems like we are beginning lots of different chapters in our family this season. With Alex graduating 8th grade, our friends & youth pastor moving, me going on my 1st youth trip, Jim becoming a volunteer fireman. Speaking of that I had the opportunity to meet several of the fireman that he works with last night on our way home. We ran by the fire station and I was introduced to what seem to be some really great guys. We got home late but we managed to get everyone into bed and Jim and I got up on time this morning. So today has started off GREAT! I read a passage yesterday Phil 4:8 (paraphrasing) think of things from God and the peace of God will be with you. I love the thought of God's peace being with me. Maybe it's not waking up on time that makes today great at all, maybe it's the conversation I had this morning with God on my way to work. YEP! I bet that's it . Have a wonderful day!
All 4 HIM, Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment