Wednesday, May 6, 2009

High School is coming.

Thanks for dropping by the GRILL. Speaking of grilling ... Jim grilled chicken quarters last night and they were GREAT!!! Our family absolutely loves summer time, longer days, the smell of our grill fired up, and being outside until bed time. As the school year comes to an end for my children. I have alot of mixed emotion. My oldest son will be starting high school next year and I'm finding that very difficult for me as a mom. Can anyone else relate with this feeling. I'm so excited for him as a young man venturing into high school & starting a new chapter of his life. But at the EXACT same time I'm so sad to be closing a chapter of his childhood. I'm so thankful that God is allowing my 3 sons to be healthy and grow as they are suppose to, but wouldn't it be great to be able to keep them little where we control most of their surroundings for their whole lives!! I know that as he goes off to high school he will be surrounded by choices and decisions and so I must continue to know that the most important thing I can do for him and my other 2 boys is to keep them lifted up in prayer to God for protection, direction, and guidance in their lives as they grow into young men.
I pray that God will continue to protect and watch over my children and grow their hearts & minds into the character he has planned them each to be. I've attached a Bible verse that I hope will be as comforting to you as it is for me. I love the beginning "Do not be anxious about anything" Anyone who knows me knows that I sure need daily reminders from God's word not to worry.

Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Phil 4:6)
All 4 Him,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment