Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Looking back Living forward!

Hello everybody! I hope Mother's day was wonderful for all of you moms. Mine was great. Jim and the boys washed my van Saturday night, made me breakfast Sunday morning and the cutest cards. Ty also gave me a flower in a cup that he had made at school. Alex offered a Mother's Day massage. After church Jim grilled for lunch. Once again GREAT! We spent Sunday afternoon with my mom & dad. This Mother's Day weekend was really wonderful and sweet. This is the first Mother's Day that we have not had Jim's mom with us. Jim handled Mother's Day very well. I know most of the day he was thinking of her and wishing he could be with her and so was I. You know it's so easy to take for granted the precious time God allows us to have. Last year on Mother's Day I would have never thought that would be our last Mother's day with Jim's mom. Would we have spent that day differently a year ago if we would have known the future? My guess is probably so. Isn't it just like us to look backwards and say: if only I would have known. I want to start making an effort to live life looking forward and making the most of every single moment. Let's make a challenge to ourselves that starting this day we will begin to say "Because I live" instead of "if only I had". God gives us one life to live and I believe He would rather us Live forward instead of Looking backward. We can't change our past but we can definitely choose to allow God to direct our present & future.
I would like to ask you to pray for Jim. He has decided to stop dipping and this is a HUGE process for him. I am lifting him up in prayer everyday. I pray that God will deliver him from his nicotine addiction and that it will be easier than what he expects. I am looking forward to the day that he realizes he no longer craves dip and I can say to God be the glory He held you through the whole process. I love when my God shows up and gives us a glimpse of His Mighty Hand. Have a wonderful week and LIVE FORWARD!
All 4 HIM, Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment