Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wishing you sweet Christmas blessings.

As Christmas comes near. I can't help but thank God for the Christmas gifts I already have. I have a wonderful husband, 3 healthy boys, lots of family and friends, and a loving Savior. What more could a red head from Tennessee possibly want? This Christmas season everywhere I look it seems that God is showing me the need to be more compassionate, more understanding, more generous to those in need. This year I am praying over a decision that has been laid on my heart and one that I'm hoping to have my entire family be part of with their whole-hearts. I feel extremely lead to be a Compassion International sponsor. I've never sponsored a needy child in my life. Don't get me wrong I've made donations and bought angel tree gifts, but I'm talking about making the effort and sacrifice to be a sponsor to a young child who is in need day after day and week after week. It's easy to feel sorry for children who are living without and in poverty. But it's just as easy to turn your head and think that there is really nothing we can do to make a difference. I believe that sometimes it's not about how big of a difference you make but more about the difference that being obedient can make on you. The rewards from giving with a compassionate heart I don't think can ever be measured. So this Christmas I would like to encourage you to take time to give the greatest gift we can personally give to anyone..... prayer! It has no monetary value but the value is unmeasurable. May your Christmas be full of sweet blessings and wonderful moments of memories, most of all may your Christmas be filled with the love of Christ.

With love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment